142 Linden Dr., Ste 106 Winchester, VA 22601
Our Professional Services
Comprehensive evaluation of your hearing…. not just a screening
- Testing done in a soundproof booth by a licensed audiologist
- Explanation of your hearing loss and its effects on communication
- Education regarding hearing aid options and alternative treatments
Personalized service and dependable customer care
- 30-day satisfaction guarantee
- Customized fitting and lifestyle-focused programming
- Manufacturer’s loss, damage and repair warranty
- Free in-office maintenance, repairs and programming adjustments
- Drop-off service and loaner aids available
Our Caring Professionals
Susan Aicardi, Au.D., CCC-A
Katrina Miller, M.Ed., CCC-A
Susan and Katrina have been with SHNS Hearing Services since its inception in 2001. Katrina received her Master’s Degree in Audiology from James Madison University and has been employed by Shenandoah Head and Neck Specialists since 1998. Susan received her Master’s Degree in Audiology from James Madison University and her Doctoral degree in Audiology from Arizona School of Health Sciences. She has been with Shenandoah Head and Neck Specialists since 2000.
Both are certified by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association and licensed by the State of Virginia.
Studies have linked untreated hearing loss to:
- Irritability, negativism and anger
- Fatigue, tension, stress and depression
- Avoidance or withdrawal from social situation
- Social rejection and loneliness
- Reduced alertness and increased risk to personal safety
- Impaired memory and ability to learn new tasks
- Reduced job performance and earning power
- Diminished psychological and overall health
Why Choose an Audiologist?
Audiologists are university-trained healthcare professionals. In fact, they are the only experts specifically licensed to identify, evaluate, diagnose and treat hearing disorders. Our training provides us with an understanding of hearing loss and how it relates to hearing aids, noise exposure, tinnitus, drugs that are toxic to the ears, auditory processing and aging.
This knowledge makes us ideal professionals to customize hearing aids to your specific environments and provide appropriate advice regarding your individual challenges.
Latest Hearing Aid Technology
We offer the most advanced technology from the most innovative companies. Our aids wirelessly stream to your iPhone allowing you to hear phone conversations and music directly through your hearing aids. Bluetooth accessories are available with all models to enhance speech understanding of TM, on cell phones, in the care, at restaurants and during meetings. Tinnitus features allow you to mask the ringing in your ears and “retrain your brain” to ignore your tinnitus while providing amplification for your hearing loss.
In addition to all this, we have numerous features to eliminate feedback, reduce unwanted background noise and improved overall communication
Try Before You Buy!
What if hearing aids enabled you to understand your family, friends and co-workers in your listening environments?
What if hearing conversations became more automatic, requiring less effort and resulting in less fatigue and stress?
What if you had the opportunity to determine these things before your purchased the hearing aids?
Well you can…with no cost to try and absolutely no obligation to purchase.
We program the latest technology and you “test drive” the aids for a week in your home, work and social environments.
And remember…after your purchase, you still have a 30-day money-back guarantee!
We understand ears
We find solutions
For individual challenges
We deliver care for a lifetime
-CALL FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT-
Monday-Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM
For urgent requests,please call the office 540-722-7282.
|Monday:||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Thursday:||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Friday:||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|